Last week I was lucky enough to run into Terry Tamminen, former secretary of the California Environmental Protection Agency and later Chief Policy Advisor to Governor Schwarzenegger. He came through Iowa a few years ago promoting his book Lives Per Gallon: The True Cost of Our Oil Addiction. This time he told me about his consultancy, 7th Generation Advisors, whose mission is:
- Advocating environmental and clean energy policies by providing advice and guidance to visionary political leaders and emerging clean technology firms world-wide;
- Promoting ways to transition to a sustainable, low carbon economy by educating the public, the media and decision makers about the urgency of taking action;
- Guiding climate change policy initiatives for non-profit organizations such as the New America Foundation, The Climate Group, and the Center for Climate Strategies;
- Creatively communicating our mission and message through books, articles, op-eds, television interviews, theater, film, live speeches and blogs.
Terry also sent over a great presentation he’s currently making titled The Truth About Clean Coal. Its message concludes with these points:
- There is no such thing as clean coal.
- Carbon capture and sequestration have yet to be proven possible.
- Coal supply, like oil, is an energy source that will eventually be depleted.
Important things to keep in mind.